Sunday, August 17, 2008

Side trip to the past

My 6th grade school , East Side Elementary in Thomasville, Ga. hasn't changed very much. Most of my classes were upstairs. My little dog used to follow me to school in the 5th and 6th grade and sleep under the teacher's desk. Can't do that nowadays...

This was my school , McIntyre Park School. Attended here in 5th grade. I was actually only a block from my 6th grade school and almost as big!Side road next to my home in Thomasville, still unpaved.
My home in Thomasville for about 3 years,smaller than I remember..but I could tell you where every room was ..After I left Thomasville, I rode thru Ty Ty, Ga on my way to Tifton.
On this piece of land , my childhood home used to sit..It is now the front yard of the City Hall or I should say "Town Hall"... My brother, Tracy, was born while we lived here in the early 70's.




And this is the tiny school where I attended 4th grade.. Thought it was bigger , but I was wrong..


House in Tifton where I spent my Senior year of High school and early college.
To be continued...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home